| At Experian, we unlock the power of data to create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. At life’s big moments, from buying a home or car, to sending a child to college, to growing a business exponentially by connecting it with new customers, we empower consumers and our clients to manage their data with confidence so they can maximise every opportunity.
We gather, analyse and process data in ways others can’t. We’re helping individuals take financial control and access financial services, businesses make smarter decisions and thrive, lenders lend more responsibly, and organisations prevent identity fraud and crime.
Find our how we can help you here.
Main office address
The Sir John Peace Building
NG2 Business Park
+44 (0) 115 941 0888
Key Products / Services / Sectors (USPs)
|We help businesses recognise true identities to establish trusted relationships with legitimate customers while keeping fraudsters out. Experian can help you enable companies to detect, monitor and assess the risk of fraud at every stage of their customer relationship. We offer fraud detection and identity management services to help:
• Rapid identity verification checks — when you need an identity check for a customer, you want to give them the smoothest and safest experience possible, but you need to balance this with meeting regulatory requirements.
• Detect cases of fraud – we support your fraud detection systems throughout the customer journey, from knowing the customer’s identity, through accepting his or her application, to growing the business by cross-selling to customers with authenticated identities.
• Automate fraud risk assessment – our systems flag the possibility of fraud. We highlight this and other suspicious behavior, enabling the investigation team to concentrate on high-risk cases, allowing genuine customers to receive great service.
• Predict the likelihood of fraud – our analytics can help you evaluate the risk of fraud to support prioritisation of cases and effective use of operational resources.
• Reduce many types of fraud – we concentrate on reducing application fraud, retail and ecommerce fraud, money laundering, false-work-history fraud, and, in some regions, open-account fraud.
• Share information – in a growing number of countries, we have set up fraud detection schemes shared by a number of organisations in a sector. These organisations see the fight against fraud as a battle that requires cooperation with their competitors.
Our innovative approach to the complex fraud problem includes a combination of products and strategies. This allows organisations to recognise legitimate identities and identify risks while adhering to regulatory requirements and providing a positive customer experience.
Area of focus
Internal services (enterprise)
Identity provisioning (IdP)
Offer translation of protocols
Can offer consent capture if required
Can capture self-asserted
Can verify self-asserted
Can integrate with third parties (eg Open Banking)
Supports verified claims (VCs)
Yes – third party verifiers used (including Open Banking)
Yes – In-house verification service
Multiple factors (MFA)
Data store functionality
Configurable for specific sectors (e.g. health)
Use decentralised stores (eg Wallets or online)
Can offer consent capture/handling
Account management for users
Key management required by user
DID (decentralised identifiers)
Third party capability
Data minimisation support
Variable registration (multi-user journey support)
Support for accessibility
Logging and audit
Offline options, incl. F2F
Upgrade paths to increase assurance levels over time
Creation of delegated accounts
To modify system behaviour
For risk-based authentication
To use events to drive transactions
To manage user journeys, including verification
To handle LOA upgrades/downgrades
Handle identity document’s (eg drivers license)
Handle health information (eg vaccine certificates)
Main point of contact
Name: Damian Kenny